Working with me
I offer Person-Centred therapy guided by the body’s ‘felt sense’ intelligence and a very effective Neuroscientific Brainspotting approach.
I work in a holistic way using the relationship as our foundation and incorporating mindfulness, neuroscience and each individuals unique resources as well as their family and cultural context.
About my work
In our therapy sessions, we will use the ‘relationship‘ to heal and foster a safe space to understand yourself. There are many names for this but the key ingredients I offer are;
- Resonant reflection (mirroring back what you say to check I understand you well)
- Following your pace and perception of the world
- Commitment that you have the capacity to heal even if you don’t (and especially when) you don’t have that yourself
When working on the relationship, we can draw upon many sources of inspiration, including:
- Felt sense
- Relationship building
- Language, metaphor, poetry, song
- Whakapapa – Geneology/lineage & ancestors
- Your own knowledge and skills to make healing steps
- Whanaungatanga – active relationship building